The Power Within: embracing your menstrual cycle as a path to personal growth and inner balance
- Do you feel tired, sensitive or irritable every month around your period?
- Have you ever felt or been labeled as “crazy” for having mood fluctuations related to your menstrual cycle?
- Do you struggle to meet expectations that feel discordant with your physical needs or emotional rhythms during certain times of the month?
In this 8-week Expressive Art Therapy group you will have the opportunity to deepen your relationship with your body and your menstrual cycle while learning to draw strength and resource from your connection to the Earth and the larger cycles of nature.
We will use psycho-education, Expressive Arts and Eco-therapy to explore how the menstrual cycle influences and affects emotions, mood, productivity, creative expression, sexuality and feelings of connectedness throughout the month. Each session will progressively assist you in attuning to your body’s natural rhythm in order to work in better accordance with each phase of your monthly cycle.
Having accurate information about your body’s natural rhythms and hormonal cycle, paired with the ability to clearly identify and care for any unmet physical and emotional needs empowers you to change your relationship with your body and your PMS.
Throughout the course of this Group We Will:
- Incorporate a positive and empowering perspective of your monthly cycle into your daily life
- Deepen our connection to our bodies and to nature through Expressive Art and Eco-therapy exercises
- Demystify the hormonal cycle and learn how stress, diet and exercise play a role
- Understand the four phases of your monthly cycle to work in better accordance with your natural rhythm
- Access your unique feminine body wisdom
- Gain skills to navigate physical and emotional ups and downs
- Practice non-judgmental awareness and self acceptance
- Meet like minded women and feel support around self-care and stress management
What: 8 Sessions, Bi-Monthly women’s group (with a limit of 6 participants)
*commitment to all sessions required
When: Feb. 16 – May 18, every other Monday from 6:30-8:30pm
March 2, 16, 30
April 13, 27
May 4, 18
May 23, Saturday – Outdoor Day-long Integration Day from 10am – 4pm
Location: Terra’s Temple, 3051 Adeline St, Berkeley, CA 94703
Contribution: $440 ($55/Session)+ $120 Outdoor Day Long, Winter Solstice Integration Day
*Payment options available
To set up an intake interview and to REGISTER Contact:
Tatiana @ 510.394.1608 or Karina @ 510.470.4330
Karina Colliat, MFT (#77630), is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Expressive Arts Therapist and visual artist with a private practice in Berkeley. She finds healing comes through connection with self, others and nature by way of grounded art making, ritual and play. She has a consistent Qi Gong and mindfulness practice and over ten years of experience facilitating groups.
Tatiana Diakoff, M.A., is a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (#77919) at Holos Institute supervised by Jan Edl Stein, MFT (#25863). She provides therapy for individuals, families, couples and youth. She holds a strong foundational understanding in the healing capacities of nature and creativity. Her therapeutic approach integrates perspectives from eco-psychology, expressive arts, interpersonal-neurobiology, mindfulness and somatic awareness as well as wisdom from depth psychology and Earth-based, Indigenous practices.